안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, April 5, 2013

Jamu: Traditional Concoction^.^or herbal drink.

 Another privilege of being home is being able to try--again--some Indonesian herbal drink.
I usually call it ' concoction' :) 
I remembered seeing the jamu seller carrying their jamu on their back. But now these sellers like this one...sell her jamu packed on a motorcycle. 
This herbal drink is mainly made from water, rice, ginger, and many other herbal ingredients that I do not know what they are...^^ But, the kids usually love beras kencur (a kind of ginger+mixed rice powder herbal drink).
We drink it on a daily basis in order to stay fit. Well, that's the efficacy that most Javanese believe when they drink this jamu. 
I got a chance to take a picture of this jamu selling lady.
Once again...I am so happy to be able to see the greenery environment back home. 
This is what it looks like. She rides a motorbike and sells her jamu all around the neighborhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...