안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mommy, isn't that too soon for me???

I bumped into a very interesting public advertisement on my home. It was posted on many subway platforms for a lot of people to see.
It says "엄마! 이건 너무 빨라요' Mom, isn't it too soon and early for me?"
Well, it satirizes the preoccupation of Korean society's (can I call it excessive?) preoccupation with 'private' education. hmm..can I use the word 'private'here?  
Anyway..what I mean is that...
English for instance..has now been one of the seemingly ULTRA important subject that even small children or toddlers need to brush it up.
then...a lot of kids must undergo a lot of extra classes in music and any other extra training that (may look) good and important..
but...
all of these ....overlook the fact that some kids or children are just kids who just want to play until they reach a certain age...
(Not to mention...the relatively expensive cost that the parents have to burden....)
so...this advertisement or public 'advertisement' attempts to instill or give a 'wake-up' call for Seoulites and Koreans who might see or read this!!!!!!!!
IF they ever want to stop and read this kind of advertisement.
I do hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...