안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, April 26, 2013

The Transformation of Seoul's Subway Tickets

Seoul has its first subway line back in 1974. Wow...it's as old as I am.^^ The other day I bumped into a very interesting ad (well, it's more like a public-service ad) issued by the authority of Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transportation itself. It tells about the transformation of tickets from its initial groundbreaking jubilee in 1974 up to the present. 
What intrigued me is the fact that the one made in 1974 is so captivating in that it has a colorful rendition of what it all started and looked like. 
I really wish I had one of these as collections.
Then in 1981 and 1886 it somewhat became simpler with less colorful touches.
But then...in 2004 up until 2009 with the coming of 'digital' age...^^ well, sort of...and I vividly remembered it since that's the time when I (once again) stepped into the doorstep of Seoul: back then..the Seoul tickets were printed on a T-Money kind of thing and also on mobiles.  Oh, wait..I also remembered the one made in 1999 since the first time I came to Seoul was back in 1998. So..it sort of a recollection of memories clamped into one ad.
That's what prompted me to 'take the picture' of this valuable ad.
Now...the interesting thing is the notion of what it'll be like in the future....
Maybe we can use our body or part of our body since we have each of us a chip ingrained or inserted into our nervous system.
Sounds so visionary but scary...at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...