안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Friday, April 12, 2013

What A BOLD yet 'INCOMPREHENSIBLE' headline it was!!!!


What on earth has been going on in Korea actually? no...not the escalating tension between the South and the North. I am talking about something else.^^
I mean..how could such a leading newspaper (online edition JoongAng Ilbo) could daringly put a headline which-- I think-- is so incomprehensibly puzzling like this one? 

Well..It says " 한국 골퍼들이 LPGA 레즈비언 몰아냈다"
 " Korean Golfers drove out the lesbians from LPGA"
* should I give a :) or :( smiley????
Wel...ok..ok ...ok...I got to admit that Korean female golfers have been the 'pinnacle' and the talk of the golf world for the last decade, of course thanks to their winnings after winnings in the championship. But..but...but...
I don't think that the article should be headlined like THAT>!!!!
gosh gosh gosh.. it is sooooooo IGNORANT!!!!! Controversiallllllllllll!!!!
I know that the newspaper referred to the 1990's analyst who once said that 40% of LPGA players were lesbians. Ok, let's face it..and suppose it IS true.....Does it give the headline a sort of moral consent as to blatantly wrote such an INCOMPREHENSIBLE headline???? 
this is what I had it mind...as I read the article...I could not help but to think that.....BEING lesbians or gays or bi or any LGBT attributes IS soo  NOOON Koreans. Koreans would never be lesbians, gays, or any of these. Is it what the article is implying? I hope it is not. but I don't know why I could not help myself from thinking this way....:(
Gosh...as far as I know...we have to use the same level of subjects to compare when we make comparisons..
Koreans can only be comparable to Americans or any other nationalities. (we need to talk about the similar attributes to compare)
so the headlines should (AT LEAST) be like " Korean Golfers Drove Out American Golfers at LPGA. or " Korean Golfers Drove Out Western Golfers at LPGA. well, something like that...
NOT....Korean Golfers Drove Out Lesbians!!!
(or..is there something I'm missing here?...help me pls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...