안녕하세요?...Welcome to Suray's World & Beyond

where you will see what I treasure and cherish in simple yet wonderful life.


Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spring @ Gyeongbokgung Palace (part 2)

#Pray for everyone affected by Jindo ferry incident. 
--> so, I just hope that everyone, my friends..anyone who happen to read this blog...please try to understand that IF I start posting up my pictures and all of the activities I've been doing for the past weeks (blogging that I've been doing on a daily basis for the past 4 years..), please..believe me that it DOES NOT mean that I am insensitive of what IS happening. I AM and I do. My heart goes out for them.
-------
It's the same day (March 30), 2014
The  ceremony of Joseon's guards inauguration had just started and I was more than ready to enjoy the whole procession. 
Water-colored version of the guards in charge. 
When the King arrived, all guards knelt showing respect.--right? 
hmm, not all of them--as it turned out. or I may have missed something! 
As the inauguration came to a complete order,  folk-dance and musical performance were sequentially in display. 
A quintessentially Korean percussion show: checked! 
Apsara-like percussion performers: checked!  
a panoramic view of the whole procession. 
I think this was the dance-sight-sound of the day! 
What I found interesting was the fact that even a cameraman was clad in Joseon's traditional attire, too. I assume it was meant to make it NOT so conspicuously visible to spectators that a modern symbol like camera DID exist in the midst of traditional ceremony like this. Hmm, pretty understandable:) 
The newly appointed guards were ready to leave the ground. 
now...let's go to another venue where I'd experience something else. 
This is what I like about Seoul: right in front of this palace...lies high-rises that dotted the spectrum of two different worlds, yet uniquely complementary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...